Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
A strong wind

No seriously tho, It depends on how much money you want the throw at it, and also how you want it to drive.

There are a few things that you can do like free'er flowing exhaust system and air filter and possibly ecu but I don't know what's available for non turbo (maybe superchips may help)

But apart from that you will have to do things like better cams, flowed head, lightened and ballanced pistons /rods ect ect. but all these sort of mods will make the power come in at a higher rev range and make the car less driveable in normal driving enviroments.

The ecu / superchip route would probably be the best first stop.

Damo

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Welcome to the board Rossta86!

Damo9k is right - you'd need to throw money at it to notice any difference. Would think exhaust systems would be the most cost effective. Any more than that, and you would be better swapping the car for a Full Pressure Turbo model - which is a lot easier to upgrade.

I had a similar problem with my first 9000, a 2.0i 16v. Lovely car, but underpowered. I tried fitting a FSE Boost Valve, though this made no noticeable difference.

My current 9000, a 2.3 FPT gives me all the power I need!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply and the welcome. Yea i believe this is more of a european forum as i live in the US. Still, i relally like the power i have in my saab once im over 3500 rpms, but under that there is not much. Just for sound i plan to put in some kind of intake system, eleminate the resonator and just use a pipe down to the fender after the mass air sensor. I think that makes sense. Thanks again

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Yea i believe this is more of a european forum as i live in the US[/b]
The forum is for anyone interested in Saabs. There are a lot of people from the UK and Europe, though we do stretch to Egypt, South Africa and the US amongst others.

Hope you get some use out of the boards!

Kevin Mc
SaabScene Staff

·
Registered
776 Posts
Kevin/.
Posted a thread on the SAAB 9000 US Thread Index site recently, introducing the SAABSCENE Site, I think we have a few new members from across the water recently, hope one or 2 as result of that.
I am amazed at the amount of postings that site gets, I mean hundreds a day.
OK, USA Massive country etc, but a long way from Troll Land, and a lot of sporty competition from their Homebred machines, as well as Japanese.
I detect a lot of respect from the 9000 owners for their SAAB, in common with us Europeans. .
Andy Bowles

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Good man Andy! I had noticed there were a few new members from the US recently - though not all are posting. Come on you lot from the other side of the pond - tell us about your Saabs!

PS. Andy - I've replied to your message though it is marked as unread. You should see the message in your profile. Hopefully see you Sunday!!

[Edited to correct typo of "undread" to "unread"!]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I recently had my saab apssed down to me and i know from my subaru the these forums are great, this was one of the better looking ones the i found. Thanks again.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Kevin/.
Did read reply,was just trying to do my little bit to help. .
If the wife of my workmate does not have her baby in next 3 days,(due 23rd) wont have to work at weekend, and will see you all.. .
Off topic I know now, but can someone come up with a definite Post- SEC meeting place/pub, otherwise will get messy ( I have read notes on my posting: pre/post SEC AGM meets, but to many cooks ??).
Cheers,Andy.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Originally posted by Rossta86:
[qb] Just for sound i plan to put in some kind of intake system, eleminate the resonator and just use a pipe down to the fender after the mass air sensor.  I think that makes sense.  Thanks again[/qb][/b]
That'll impress the neighbors, then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.