Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I’ve decided I’ve done enough mods to warrant a progress thread

I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 SS 1.8t MT with only 48,000 miles on the clock.

Standard:

First thing I did was the audio:

JL’s in the dash

Vibe Black Air in the doors

Vibe Black Air tweeters next to the JL’s

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vibe black Air 6x9’s next to the disconnected paper speakers

Alpine Sub in the boot

Then I made a custom iPod cradle setup, meaning the standard stereo is bypassed completely, and the iPod signal goes straight to the Amps, sounds a million times better.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then I started on the appearance:

Lowering goodies

And some Aero Wheels (should get back from refurb today 03/09/12)

And an Aero rear bumper, and side skirts (should arrive Tuesday 04/09/12)
(I’ll get photos up when they arrive)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But my main project at the moment is the headlights. I bought a brand new set of headlights and split them open

And I will be putting LED indicators (almost finished) LED full beam (finished) and Bi-Xenon projectors into them, as well as an LED ring for the sidelights (with the top and bottom cut off to look like brackets) > ( )
Video of the lights in action (projectors haven’t arrived from America yet)

The original mockup

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other little things

Boost Gauge (not got a pod yet but fully wired and working)

Mini Bar through the hatch to the boot (because the sub blocks access to the actual boot

Warm white LED accent lighting (no pics yet)
HID 4300k Fogs (Not fitted yet)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And the biggest development is the Maptun Stage 1 upgrade... 210bhp and 320nm of torque :D Can't wait!

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll get stuff fitted and get some pics up with all the bits done, its just pretty dirty atm so not taken any of the lowering yet ;)

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Hi sound I can kinda understand the mod but why lower your car?
standard hight I scrape in multi story carparks, speed bumps & 1 road in brean it always scrapes
so my question is wouldn't lowering the car make it undriveable in most places?

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
Awesome stuff there matey,

will be really cool to see the finished article, oh and to the carbon wrap at £40 for the sheet you are only looking at a few quid more to have the lip colour coded.

I have lowered mine and it is still driveable everywhere no problems for me anywhere on the Vector models the front spoiler is slightly higher to that on the Aeros is yours an Aero or are the bumps over your way actual sleeping policemen?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Yes it does look good you still have boot space as well, I'm struggling find space to fit another amp

Ive got a vector with aero kit with 225 45 17 & the bumps I scrape on are the 2x squares 1 per lane

When I have done some tweeks & cleaned it ill replace my thread for a complete mod thread like this

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
I got to view the video from home as it isn't blocked lol,

That looks awesome is the LED main beams bright enough? Might be worth keeping it as it is minus the relay when you have an ejit ahead put the hazards on and the mains dipped as the indicators go off and on lol.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The led full beams are blinding, they actually output more lumens than an H4 high beam halogen bulb but not as much as xenon. But the brightness doesn't even matter because the 55w projectors are bixenon (a shield flips down so they are hi and lo beam) so the main reason for the full beam module is for flashing people and for a little boost on country roads.

But my fiesta only used bixenon projectors and it was easily bright enough.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
£210 for a stainless powerflow backbox fitted and guanteed for life. Seems like a good deal, if anyone knows anything better let me know :D

Remap is at the collection office :D

Should I carbon wrap the aero front splitter?

And can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get a BSR Optiflow kit or similar, nowhere seems to stock these things. I'm willing to just get a universal k & n but I'll need to check the diameter first, unless anyone knows it :D

1 - 20 of 210 Posts