Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ditched the PI springs last week, which certainly did not match my 9k Aero. Paid a visit to Abbott Racing and got a set of their springs fitted. Boy, they are great! Better handling and a surprisingly good ride to boot. Ed showed me their wishbone bushes & they looked so nicely made that I had a set of those fitted too.

I can report that their service was fantastic. They topped up my washer fluid, changed a rear light bulb, found a 5p that was driving me mad rattling away in my seat and adjusted the tow-in. & the best bit - no labour charge . Did I catch them in a good mood, or what?

I must say that there is still an aching chasm in handling terms between the Aero and my Elise. Not a lot you can do about the odd 750kg weight difference, combined with poorer structural rigidity, I guess. Of course, they are very different beasts.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I must say that there is still an aching chasm in handling terms between the Aero and my Elise.[/b]
Well according the the motoring hacks there's a aching chasm between the Elise and most things on the road. But there's no doubt you can seriously crank up the fun factor by improving a 9K's suspension.

& the best bit - no labour charge  .[/b]
Cool! I sure could do with a few acts of generosity to compensate for my Carlsson chewing it's way through my finances for 2.5 years, followed by me stupidly driving my perfectly good car into a tyre wall.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Jason, that must have been a real bummer at the time.

I really am delighted with the car now. It feels so much more solid & power transfer on the road is fab. Looking forward to fiding a few good country roads when the weather perks up.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No because they were right, anyway. Well, they suggest 1/2 a turn front and rear. Might try 1 turn after a while - what do you reckon is best for comfy road use?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts