Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
My 1998 R-reg Anniversary has it as well. Especially annoying on an Anniversary, as the wood in the steering wheel and the dashboard wood no longer match. Can't quite be bothered to do something about it though....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yup, same problem on my P-reg Anniversary.
Worse nearer to door( UV damage?) . Looks like a problem with the laquer I'd say rather than wood. Looks a bit milky; similar to acrylic varnish before it has properly dried. Is this another gift from GM to the Saab owner?

The wood veneer is nowhere near as nice as the walnut on my '93 LPT. I think I'll swap the dash over if it's not too much hassle. Only fear is that I'm left with a rattly dash. It's bad enough as standard.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you arrange for your radio to be ripped out with a crowbar, then your friendly insurance company will replace your dash with nice new non-milky wood. AND you can send it back to the repair shop as many times as you like until the rattles go away!

PS this is from personal experience! It took 3 visits back to the shop to get the rattles to go away and the new window to fit properly, which it still doesn't. Still, I did get nice new wood though as the other stuff on my P-reg was going milky.

absgt

·
Registered
226 Posts
My '96 Aero wood dash went very milky over last winter, bought a replacement from Twostroke via ebay for about £35 and it is mint! But my '97 Anniversary starting to go a bit milky likewise now. Doesn't seem to happen to older cars. Is it a water based laquer soaking up the moisture perhaps?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.