Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that's what it felt like today as my turbo stopped working.

Can anyone come up with a list of usual problems?

I don't think it is a hose as this happened before and there is/was no noise of escaping air. No big noises, either.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very little, Mark - it goes up a very small amount when you depress the throttle.

I was under the impression that you could see the rod hanging down if it was the wastegate link thingy? The garage told me that it was underneath the turbo and the most likely cause. Having said that, without a pit, you would have to be Houdini to get to mine with the JT downpipe and lowered suspension. I'm no mechanic, so have booked it into the garage. Fingers crossed that it is the wastegate rod.

I will update this post tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
If the clip that connects the rod to the wastegate falls off (like it did on mine) then the rod stays in place and the only way to check it without a pit is, as you say, a job for a contortionist.

Steve

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it was the wastegate rod clip!

Strange thing is that for the first 5-10 minutes, my car was
, boosting almost horizontally on the gauge in 2nd gear. There was me thinking that perhaps the rod had been sticking. Then, it all went back to normal .

I guess this must have been the ECU sorting itself out having being run with no turbo. Had a bit of a smile on my face for a while, though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.