Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9000 cse is due for a complete set of new tyres. I have heard that michelin energy tyres give better fuel consumption.
Has anyone fitted these to their car and if so do they make a difference or is there a
downside to them. I presume they are more
expensive.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think they claim this cos' they have a compount that gernerates less rolling resistance. Quite a few other companies now have something similar - in fact nearly every major company now makes the same claim.

My experience of Michelin's are a very hard & durable tyre which are usually 25% more expensive but last 25% longer - at the expense of ultimate grip.

One point I learnt recently, when buying tyres looks on the treadwall for the tyre rating. You should see something like

Temperature A Traction A Treadwear 280.

This should be on all tyres & gives an indication of their operating perameters. Most tyres rate an A for temp & traction but I have seen 200-300 on treadwear - the higher the better.

Neil.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have always thought Michelin tyres to be unpredictable in the wet. For that reason alone I would not buy even though I am an ecofreak and know they last a long time. BTW, they are noisy.
I had Nankangs on my Carlsson and they were excellent. Let's not start this tyre thing again though.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.