Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled in to the self-wash yesterday at 23 o'clock in the evening to find another saab-brother !
Had a little talk, it was nice ! Young owner just like me :)

photo.jpg

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
just goes to show that saabs arent just for old farts (i was 21 or 22 when i bought my first one, i'm only 29 now lol)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
just out of curiosity, is it normal for saab drivers to want to group together on car parks? or is it just what happens

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whenever I see one and I have to get out anyway I try to park next to it :3 Guess it's stupid. But hey, Saab represent ! :D

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i still remember a guy a few years ago (probably around the 2007 mark) got really confused because his key fob didnt open my car lol

what had happened was i went to my local tesco extra store, saw a virtually identical car to mine (apart from the reg) so i parked almost next to it but left a gap

whilst i was in the store a big van came and parked in between the two cars so his was now invisible from the store front

so as i came back to my car, this guy was only a few hundred yards in front of me and didnt realise it wasnt his car, he could hear his locks working but couldn't understand why the doors weren't opening on mine lmao

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i had a Corsa but the other guy i mainly hung around with on car parks had a 89' 900 Convertible :p

but we went posh and wasnt supermarket car parks, they were country (forestry commission) car parks

as i used to live on the border between tows / countryside

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to own a BMW. I'm guessing that makes it worse ?

No you don't see many saabs here in belgium , that aren't driven by 70 year old living fossils.
So when I see a relatively new one (You can tell by the license plate) I WILL park next to it :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had a friendly wave from a couple of other Saab drivers when passing (in opp directions) on the road.

Is this going to become standard practice?

This type of behaviour was common when I had an MG many decades ago - I think it was in recognition of your achievement in getting the thing to move!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never had a saab-driver wave at me....

perhaps it's because I look like some punk driving daddy's car.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
ive had it happen a couple of times, even pulling into a car park in manchester stuck in traffic i had a nice chat with a guy driving an old 900 about to pull out of the car park

1 - 14 of 14 Posts