Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a cooling hose spring a pin hole.Its the one that goes to the bottom of the block.Mucky water everywhere and it stinks when it gets onto the block.Very Very Very messy under the bonnet.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
you will struggle to get a replacement
saab dealers usually only hold the tophose (and sometimes not even that..)
when I replaced mine recently I got lucky with a cancelled customer order....
btw halfords sell hose bandages !!

good luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just located the hose in question.It's the heater hose that goes from the bottom of the engine and goes right through the bulkhead in the passenger side.I am sure i can hear a "drip drip" or "tick tick" when the car is running.If so would the hose have gone on both ends?
Why can't life be simple?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
could have gone both ends
however the job may not be too bad
(furiously trying to remember the lay-out under the dashboard top...) I know its a pia for the 900...

I would pop the top and have a squint
..nothing to lose ...

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The hose is a two parter. It runs through the false bulkhead and joins there to another section which runs into the car. Unlikely to be both sections gone. Not difficult to fix but it is a dealer only part (£25+/- IIRC from when mine went at Christmas).

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Yup, I'm with SteveN on this one. The clips on the hose on the aquarium side of the bulkhead can be a bit difficult to get off- water pump pliers, like the ones in the original tool kit are ideal for the job though!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Yup, I'm with SteveN on this one. The clips on the hose on the aquarium side of the bulkhead can be a bit difficult to get off- water pump pliers, like the ones in the original tool kit are ideal for the job though![/b]
Dont the clips have the standard 7mm hex head?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (ecopower stg0):
[qb]Dont the clips have the standard 7mm hex head? [/qb][/b]
Nope, they're a sprung double ring that you have to compress with a pair of pliers- a bigger version of the clips that hold the hoses on to the APC solenoid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.