Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Would anyone be interested in either a buying/swaping a Mercedes 500se,V8,'F'89'(has private plate),124k,mot feb 03,tax July 02,FSH up to 97k,leather,full electrics inc seats & steering colum,tinted windows (slight),good condition for year,£2500.
For a Saab 900 turbo,to the same value,I'm in the Glasgow area,tel 07833 623271 or e-mail [email protected] anytime.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Sounds like a nice car. Why don't you try putting it in the Classifieds under "wanted" section for 900's...

Mind you, Classic 900 Turbo's (especially the T16s) seem to be very wanted at the moment. The price on good ones seems to be getting higher.

I've always fancied one of those big Mercs - favoured by Quentin Willson, who also has a soft spot for Saabs.

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cracking motor the 500. Especially the pillarless Coupe. They're very difficult to shift though for some reason. I guess cos of the on-going & continual running costs.

Good luck in finding a new home for it Stewart.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 900016turbo!!

And Zep,no I'm not a dealer!,I wish I was and I'd make a few bloody quid!.
I dont see why I should explain myself on here but I will.
I sold both Saab/Senator and bought this,before I bought it I checked it out on diffirent web sites MPG,reliability ect,then went see it,and thought "this is nice",yep! I'll go for it,and I did!.But the sites I went on gave alot of diffirent figures for the MPG,and also the price of parts (especaily through Merc) can be expensive,but thats my mistake not checking that out first (the prices that is).
Yes its a great car,very comfy/powerfull,but I think I'd either need to go into some kind of buisiness with it to run it,cause' its not really practical for every day use,just to thirsty.
now like say I dont have to say all this but I thought bugger it,I will.
So there you have it,basically you cant have a "champagne life style" with a "beer drinker pocket",as I know now.Once again cheers 900016turbo for sticking with me!.
And this is not!! aimed at the guys on the site,not at all!.
But my mates,well!, jelousy is a b*****d,thats all I can say about it,mind you god knows what it'd be like if I won the lotto??,bad enough just now,I mean is know one supposed to "go up" in the world,if them want!

Regards

·
Registered
776 Posts
Stewart/.
All very well put.
OK, the site does have a few ground rules for posting advertising ,and buying and selling, which is fair enough, it could get silly afterwards. But hey... gentle tweaks or nudges from the moderator is all that are required if he thinks anyone is getting away from the spirit of the site.
e.g Someones got a car, doesnt suit their current circumstances, so they want to swop it for another one. Hang, draw and quarter them ?? Dont think so !!
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
970 Posts
I wish I had been in a position to post this prior to Stweart's last one. Then again, There is value in doing it now.

Anyway Zep, i agree with your scepticism in light of the person who posted on another thread (about convertibles, but i shant mention which one) where /john sussed him out as a dealer, and he is - good or bad is irrelevant for this point).

What I was going to say was that Stewart might well be a guy (or Gal) who had made a decision in the past and wished to rectify an error. Sounds like it now.
Actually your post Zep fed that thought where you mentioned that they had had a saab previously and now wished to revert. Cripes even I (in big capitals), makes a mistake once in a while. (once means once in a lifetime )

So I agree with your scepticism but he seems like a geniuine individual who needs shot of a merc. ( and who can blame him/her as they can be EXPENSIVE whereas a SAAB is expensive [with small letters, for those who find my text/English complicated)

The question for me is will they return to the saab fold?

·
Registered
970 Posts
BTW Zep, youve been quiet for a while. I would post this is the misc board but it is short. I'm under pressure from the brother and his ex_ish (read into that what you like), to get to Engand soon. So work permitting I'll do it in April. If you're handy to Stranraer on the day, I can do lunch and carry on although I cant do booze with the consequent dangers.

You can mail me on [email protected] if you like.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers bambo

Yes!,I thought I could "handle" the expense but as I explained i cant,And by the way I'm a guy!.
Yes we all make mistakes we're only bloody human after all aren't we!,anyway remember the old saying "the guy (or person,dont want to sound sexest)who never made a mistake,never made anything",how many here have heard that before,quite a few I think!.
Anyway I'll go and order the tanker,I have to go to the shops tommorrow!!

regards

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know that it is common practice for lists owners not wanting people to advertise on them as it detracts from the reasons behind why the list is there. However, I think we all do it. I've seen plenty of posts on this list where people are interested in cars/parts & posts have been made asking if such & such is still interested in whatever so this isn't the first or last offence we'll see.

Saying that though, the 9000 list Moderator, kprm77, posted on this very thread. Seems a reasonable chap as HE wasn't intersted in tearing a strip off of Stewart for generating this post. At the end of the day, whilst Stewart is selling a Merc, he's also interested in purchasing a Saab to replace it with. Seems to me there's Saab content in Stewarts' post so as far as I'm concerned I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's DEFINITELY NOT for members to "have a go at someone". The reasons for this are simple....

If a Moderator gets upset about a post, he'll usually send a private mail to the person for a first offence as a gentle reminder & include the list rules. It's the Moderators responsibility to keep us all in check. Not members of the list to make accusations against fellow members. Respect!!! Maybe that's worth remembering?

Stewart. I know that you're a bit pee'd off at the moment & rightly so but don't let the b***ers get you down as the inscription read on the back of a certain watch many years ago. You don't have to explain yourself to any of us. If people don't like your posts then they should simply move to a different thread/site. I'm sure you have, & I hope you will, continue to contribute.

·
Registered
970 Posts
ooooooooops. I think we've got all out of proportion. Still, thats easy to do.

just in case I am one whom you aim your comment at 900016Turobo I take no offence but, I would suggest this: - when I said slagging, I meant banter - friendly stuff. i agree there is no need for knifing anyone but i havent felt that this was present on this thread.

In the same vein as you, I hope Stewart does continue to contribute.

For your info Stewart, i suggest its good to keep it in perspective. Zep seems to have thought you were a trader. So, he made a mistake. Dont take the slagging personally. Banter has had wonderful benfits on other threads in livening up this board. I for 1, dont want any individual to feel unwelcome here (how could I be so arrogant), but we have to keep a sensible proportion on the humour levels too.

Keep posting and If any rubbish that I might come out with is useful then at least i can feel valuable.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
900016turbo/Bambo

Cheers guys,as Bambo said "it got all out of proportion",by the way I would have put it in the "classifieds" but I'd put this page in my Favourites and could remember how to get to "class" thats all,I do know!.
I guess I did get up pissed off,I mean like if "ONE" (HE,HE)wants to "go up in the world" then thats up to him/her,I honestly didnt mean to offend anyone at all by doing this,if had know what I know now I'd never have done it.
But Zep deffinetely (I can never spell that bloody word)got on his "high horse",just cause' I thought I was a trader 'mmmmmm',but like 900016turbo said he'd seen plenty of posts like mine previously,so I'm not the only one who did it!!.
But I really cant believe all that [expletive deleted] just because I did that 'mmmmm',anyway "one" shall go now and polish the Bentley ok ya!.

me!.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Zep

Yep,I guess I did take it the wrong way,not to worry,mind you your right I did only sell that amount it'd be hellish wouldn't it.
I guess I'll have to "lighten up".

Regards

·
Registered
231 Posts
Stewart,

There's a simply way to clear this up...

Q. Do you own a long sheepskin coat?
Q. Do you wear more gold than Mr T?
Q. Do your friends refer to you as 'Dodgy' Stewart?
Q. Is your idol Frank Butcher?

If the answer to any of the above is yes then cleary you are a fullly fledged member of the auto trade, probably related to Quentin Wilson and can't move in your house for out of date 'black books'. All no and you're in the clear!

Fortunately we cannot undertake the Monty Python weight challenge due to lack of scales and a duck so you're also in the clear for being a witch. Phew.

:)

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
So, have we all made friends now? Hope so.

I have no objection to people advertising Saabs and Saab parts in the classifieds. I'd prefer to keep them there http://www.saabshop.co.uk/ if it's alright with you chaps. I have no objection to anyone trying to sell a Merc there. (I draw the line at BMWs [joke!] - good luck if you can sell them.)

Yes, kprm77 is a nice chap, which is why I asked him to keep an eye on you lot ;-)

Cheers
/john

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.