Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may know by now I have recently been along to ABBOTT for an upgrade to my LPT 2.3 (manual), along with the ecu upgrade they also had to fit the APC valve.

I have posted on other topics, but, I am now def noticing that some days the boost arrives nice and strong and early at apprx 2000rpm and other times it just doesnt seem to have the same punch.

And yet, sometimes when I go out it reacts the way it did on my drive back from Abbott, just wish I knew why it seems to be intermitant

At motorway speeds in 5th at apprx 75mph it pulls like a train, apprx 3000rpm, but the low down punch that I had for the first couple of weeks seems to have gone....

I am going back to Abbott on the 16th January for the intake pipe kit. Should I get a MBC fitted at the same time, and do you think it will cure my boost problems.

·
Registered
662 Posts
hi andy,in my opinion i would see what abbots say about your problem.if they sort it then go for it.it the only mod i have on my 92 cs carly,as its pre trionic its the only feasable mod i can do.its well worth it for me anyway.hope it gets sorted ok

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Frequently with turbo cars lack of boost is because of increased sensitivity to detonation. Deposits and the like on pistons, fuel injectors.

Run some fuel injector cleaner, or some unleaded race fuel. (most of which have good cleansing additives)

Might also want to check the plugs and make sure they're nice and fresh.

I've found that if my car seems more sluggish, a little injector cleaner does the trick. If nothing else it couldn't hurt to try

Worth it since a bottle is only a few bucks. Hope you figure it all out soon.

Cheers,
Dubbya

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hmm, Abbotts were stating that the intake pipe kit was for engines in the 250 bhp+ range, so I'm wondering why they're recommending this at this stage rather than say, the intercooler upgrade?

As for the boost/torque variation, are you seeing a change in boost pressures on the gauge? I'm wondering if you have one Andy?
If the APC is causing fluctuations in boost pressure, you could go for an MBC, but there are many cheaper places than Abbott for this piece of kit and plenty of help here online as to how to set it up.

Nick.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Andy,

I presume you're still coming along to the Christmas Meet today.

We can spend a bit of time then having a chat about it, and as I'll be bringing mine along, you can have a demo of what Trionic can do safely without having to resort to MBC.
Having said that, I might dig some spares out so you could try one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts