Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered Dawes Devices MBC (still not delivered). Will I be able to install (and setup) it by myself, or should I visit someone to help me with it? Can I suppose that there will be install instructions useful for SAABs packed with MBC? And, finaly, should the MBC need some modifications to be able to install it into SAAB ('95 900 SET).
Thank you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by Honza:
[qb]I've ordered Dawes Devices MBC (still not delivered). Will I be able to install (and setup) it by myself, or should I visit someone to help me with it? Can I suppose that there will be install instructions useful for SAABs packed with MBC? And, finaly, should the MBC need some modifications to be able to install it into SAAB ('95 900 SET).
Thank you. [/qb][/b]
Here is one instruction that I found from the net. It is for T7 but I think it can also be used on T5 cars.

Materials needed:
- Dawes Devices (or comparable) MBC
- Duct tape or epoxy
- Additional hose - silicone or otherwise. I think the factory diameter of the hoses going to the BPC are 7mm but I could be wrong. The hose diameter of the MBC is definitely smaller than that of the BPC. You will need small sections of each diameter.
- Zip ties
- 2 Hose barbs

1. Unplug the electrical connector to the BPC.
2. Slide the BPC off of the two stabilizing posts (one is rod-shaped and the other is squarish).
3. Slide the bottom hose off of the BPC.
4. Connect the long/straight nipple from the MBC to the turbo inlet hose using one hose barb and a small length of smaller-diameter hose.
5. Using duct tape or epoxy, seal-off the small breather hole on the elbow of the MBC.
6. Attach the elbow end of the MBC to a smaller-diameter hose, insert a hose barb, and then connect this to a piece of larger-diameter hose. Attach this hose to the BPC.
7. Slide the BPC back on to the two mounting posts and re-connect the electrical connector to the BPC.

Make sure the MBC is set at it's lowest setting (e.g. many threads showing) and take the car out for a spin. Note spool-up in 2nd or 3rd and then re-adjust the MBC until you are happy with the results. I ended-up with the MBC set close to it's highest setting (e.g. only one thread showing) before I locked it down. Don't forget to zip-tie all connections!

The ECU will tolerate it and also manage to map the AF properly when doing this. With the Ng900s and pre 2001 9-3's the ECU will deal with a MBC up to 15 PSI

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your help Vigge. I've got MBC yesterday by mail, so I'm looking for the weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts