Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
440 hp and fwd do not mix...
Driving home tonight on one of my favourite back roads and I was giving it some in third and wham
power drops off I look down and the tcs light is flickering !!
in the dry

at a lot of mph

only at one bar boost

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Well, I lose traction in 3rd in my if it's very damp, and I only have half of the horsepower at my disposal!! Guess why I'm not bothered about getting more than 300bhp out of mine.
Obviously mine has narrower tyres and lower gearing, but there you go! It will just take time to learn how much loud pedal you can use in various situations. I'm sure you'll have loadsa fun finding out where the limit is.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I always drive with the TCS off. *thanks god for the off button* I don't like anyone telling me how not to spin MY tires TYVM. Gonna get some dyno charts soon? Love to see what that power looks like at the wheels.

Dubbya~

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Jikes
. Mind you, I am surprised you were taking it so high up the rev range in third gear on back roads. I don't have TCS, but have long since learnt that 3rd gear can be fatal in the high rev band on anything other than straight roads. Nearly considered disposable nappies .

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Ylee,
Can we expect to see Aeromonster appearing on the Maptun website in the customers cars section soon, as Peter Messenger's car does....?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb]patience
friday 8.30 am...
guessing 420
but could be anything from 380 to 480
anyone for a sweepstake ?    [/qb][/b]
ylee- this time has passed- have you got the results?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well there is a distinct smell of burned rubber in the Dunfermline area so I guess he's passed by on the way home.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the fox...
It has passed and... no comment
there is something wrong and maptun are trying to sort it
It would not be fair to comment yet...
but it was more than before but not as much as it should be...

·
Registered
608 Posts
I wouldnt get out of bed for any thing less than 400bhp

I hope its something that can be easily resolved on the lack of power (comparative) front

1 - 20 of 23 Posts