Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.3 lpt stage 1 (New DI cart fitted recently)

Yesterday I had occasion to accelerate realy hard to join a dual carriage way.

Third gear 4000RPM pulling like a train - suddenly a jolt - loss of power. I backed off slightly the motor picked up and we carried on with no ill effects. (It was nothing like hitting a "soft" rev limiter - more of a dead cut)

I was no where near the red line - was it a fuel cut off in response to overboost? (lpt base car - no boost guage) If so what do I do about it?

If not - what was it?

Cheers

Alyn

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Alyn,

I would say yes it was.

I'd not worry for now, let the car learn the new parameters. If it conitues to do it then you need to start looking for problems.

My aero had a spate of this around christmas (in 3rd, 4th and 5th, but after a couple of days resolved it's self (adapted)

Andrew

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Andrew

Makes sense - I had forgotten that I had filled up earlier with BP Super unleaded instead of my normal Sainsbury's - could be that Sainsbury's is the Elixir of Life

Alyn

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hey Alyn, my 9-3 w/Speedparts Stage 2 upgrade also did something similar shortly after having the new chip installed. Computer figured it out, though, and it's only done it once more in the 1000 or so miles I've put on since I got the ECM. Not to worry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts