Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, wanted to know if there are any meets in the yorkshire/northeast area.thanks

[ 24.04.2004, 19:32: Message edited by: Leon [9-5 stg2] ]

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Doesn't look like it yet.

All you need to do is suggest a place and time and see if anyone wants to come along. They are quite informal and all self organised. The meets are not organised by the "staff".

A pub with a large car park that does food seems to be popular though

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Chenks
I'd be interested!
Like SGould says, name a time and a place and you're off. A pub or a place of interest (near a pub!
) isn't a bad idea...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any suggestions guys/girls? when and where? scotch corner services as a starter then a jaunt up the A1 to....somewhere?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right that sorted, so where are the three/four of us going? and when do we want to meet up for a wee drive

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about we meet at boroghbridge morrissons car park on 22nd May? then take it from there? mind you think we'll have problem with car parks spaces for all of us

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm interested in the boroughbridge meet, will probably team up with 'saab93s' and co.

Chenks: Elvington airfield is very close to York, N.Yorks, so unless you're away this weekend it's not a great distance for you.
more details here

Can't wait!
Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm up for the 22nd.

I'd be happy to meet any South Yorkshire friends (or Southern friends) at Wooley Edge and convoy up to Boroughbridge via the scenic route, rather than the motorway.

C'mon ... let's get it on. North Yorkshire is a fine place. I'm sure some yokel (erm, local) can show us around. Anyways, car park ... bonnet lifting ... pub ... beer ... pie ... sounds good to me without the driving

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sounds great, been here four years and still dont know much about the area, would be nice to meet fellow saabers and the weather should be good to get the roof down too

·
Registered
139 Posts
There's a great road up from Skipton to Aysgarth, but those of us from West & South Yorkshire can take that on the way up.

What about Thirsk? I know a nice chippy there for elevensees

Still, Boroughbridge sounds good for early/mid morning and just decide on the day where we want to go - "see where the fancy takes us", to use a good, old Yorkshire phrase There's plenty of nice roads and good pubs littered about the place

Mark - you still up for it? What about the rest of the Sheffield massive? Tone? Spence?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah i went home with panda eyes from my shades! Did you have a go in the organisers caterfield, as he called it? Talk about two extremes of cars, oversteer/understeer.
I was in a dark blue 900 and my old man was in a black 900 t9. Both of which had to be limped home! mine seems to have cured itself but the other one needed a new clutch cable! Not to mention a new set of tyres for us both!
Congratulations on buying your new car whats it like? It looked allright on the day.

·
Registered
236 Posts
hi there it is a classic 900 carlsson h reg 229k
just had gear box rebuild and red needs some body work but very driveable will post pics i think me and my mate helped you push your t9 and spoke to you about a t9 on ebay

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Looks like we may be away that weekend, but I'll keep an eye on the thread just in case - suggest you try to firm up on a plan to encourage more participation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi everyone, not much interest in our little get to gether, maybe the cup final is conflicting. soryy. hopefully we can arrange one in the not too distant future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts