Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a 40a feed and there's a spare 40a maxi slot for electric seats which I would like to utilise
Anyone seen a maxi fuse tap in the UK?
I can only find mini or micro versions

Anyone used any other methods?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do people think 6mm (10awg) or 10mm (8awg) thinking 30-50cm cable length

Old setup I knew it had to be 0awg due to needing 300a, almost had to upgrade to 00awg as that was pushing a 5m cable but when I bought my setup which must be almost 10 years ago 0awg was the biggest I could find in the UK

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
anyhow providing you can make space,as I think you will struggle to find what your after, and if your not wanting to tap in at the rear of the fuse box my suggestion wold be.......

cut out a full blade from a maxi fuse solder on cable and heat shrink, push the blade in the +12v terminal
fit a midi fuse and holder in a convenient position http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-MIDI-TYPE-CAR-TRUCK-MARINE-IN-LINE-FUSE-HOLDER-WITH-40-AMP-MIDI-FUSE-/321685977099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae5fa780b

or use a agu style circuit breaker fuse if its for what im thinking its for

other than that would be to solder a cable to the cable +12v at the rear of the board or use this cable to supply a new 4way standard fuse holder if more fuses are required obviously these would require more work

is there power at the fuse with ign off something worth thinking about if required permanent source

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's only for a small 500w amp I have knocking around to run some 6x9" it a 4ch so going to bridge it to make it 2ch should be about right power as they are sub drivers

Already cut down a maxi fuse just trying to aquire some cable

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
with a loading of 500w over a distance of 0.5mtr you are only looking at 1.5mm so 2.5mm will be more than adequate if you want to air on the safe side

·
Administrator
5,048 Posts
unless they've changed the config of the REC,fuses #15/16 are for the heated seats @ 15 amps each..i've yet to find any lists for the maxi fuses fitted in the 9-3..

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
nice one

the reason I mentioned the way I said as to the way you have done it is if the fuse blows you will need to rebodge another fuse lol. although a man of your calibre wont pose a real issue

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If the fuse goes I'll just spin it around and put an in-line on, it will be easier

Used cable & crimps from work ended up using 1mm for remote & 16mm for power

In comparison to my old setup its not really noticeable when looking in the boot :) kinda like it

Tbh Oem wasn't bad and easily went loud enough, change of headunit the biggest difference was in the lower mid / upper bass it cleared it up immensely, change of dash & shelf speakers didn't make that much difference

In comparison to the old system quiet awful sound and changing the speakers made a big difference in quality

Not sure what to do with the door and centre speakers as no point putting my 4ohm focal in
Also on the look out for rear door cards for a böse system so I can fit some 5.25"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts