Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the needle go into the red area on the boostgauge?
I ask cos I dont know if it's now on max. boost (stops just before red)...I ask cos a few weeks ago the battery was of and we checked if ABS was working right
If it isn't on max. boost how do I re-configurate it?? Is it possible?
My97 9000 2,3 FPT

TIA

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
First problem is that the standard gauge is just not accurate, so it's hard to know if there is problem. The best solution is to beg, borrow or buy a calibrated boost guage.

You can tell if you are running base boost - when accelerating at full boost, touch the brake pedal (while keeping your foot on the accelerator) and if the boost doesn't change then you are running base boost.

If you are running base boost, then either the APC thinks there is a problem, or your APC solenoid is not working.

If you think you are not getting enough boost, there could be many reasons, including (but not limited to) :-
<ul type="square">
[*]Leaking hose
[*]Faulty solenoid
[*]Bad spark plugs
[*]Bad DI
[*]Weak wastegate actuator
[*]Blocked cat or exhaust
[*]Incorrectly adjusted base boost
[/list]

I'm sure others can think of more Searching the forum should turn up plenty of into on all of these.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re-reading your post, I see you mentioned you disconnected the battery. If you had better boost before this, you may need to do an adaptation run. Check BillJ's Saab9000.com site for info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.