Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all reckon to getting my 97 CSE FPT stage 1 Maptun tuned ?
It's got 113k on the clock and it goes pretty well but it looks like with the maptun stage 1 wotsit I could get it up to 265bhp (It's 225 as standard).

Would I notice the difference ?

Would it cause any problems/shorten the life of anything ?

And most importantly, how do I justify the cost to the Domestic Financial Controller (to me it's ONLY £360ish, to her it's a fortune[1]).

cheers

Gary

[1] she thinks her 1.5 Nissan Almera is adequately powered !

·
Registered
552 Posts
And most importantly, how do I justify the cost to the Domestic Financial Controller (to me it's ONLY £360ish, to her it's a fortune[1]).[/b]
Point out that you'll be able to overtake much more safely, ie less time on the wrong side of the road.

IMHO, a 1.5 Nissan Almera IS adequately powered

I'm sure the Maptune experts will be here shortly, but at that mileage, you'll need to replace odd bits soon, so you could get all the work done at once and have a superb car for another 10 years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
to me it's ONLY £360ish,[/b]
I'm looking into this too, except for a 96 CSE 2.3 FPT (200bhp) instead. I think the above price does not include the VAT, which takes it up to £423.

The other one I've seen is Speedparts Stage 1 for £355.56 inc. obtainable from Elkparts - might be worth a look.

For me it looks more likely to be Maptun as the Stage 1 is 245bhp/420Nm which looks pretty comparable to Speedparts Stage 3, but for somewhat less money, and with the option of going to higher power later if I want (or can afford!).

BR
Matt

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Originally posted by Matt A:
[qb] QUOTE
to me it's ONLY £360ish,[/b]
I'm looking into this too, except for a 96 CSE 2.3 FPT (200bhp) instead. I think the above price does not include the VAT, which takes it up to £423.[/qb][/b][/quote]I just had a look on the MapTun site and the price is PLUS VAT.

Can anyone tell me exactly how you pronounce "MapTun"?

Toby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.