Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone upgraded from Maptun Stage 3 to 4? Was it worth it?
I seem to be collecting most of the bits at the moment so to do the upgrade I would need to get new injectors and not much else.
Interested as the whether the difference is worth it or whether you need to take bigger steps to really notice a difference.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Faero, I didn't go from a 3 to a 4, but I did go from a 1 or 2 to a 4. That was quite a difference. However, I feel that a stage 3 is right at the edge, in terms of margin of safety. I think the stock injectors are probably at 100% duty-cycle, on a stage 3. I'm not sure what the peak boost pressures are on a stage 3, but I do know that the stock MAP sensor can only read to ~21 psi. A better IC, with more efficient flow and thermal properties, only adds to the margin of safety: cooler intake temperatures and less work for a given boost pressure is a win-win situation in terms of performance and safety. I'm willing to wager you'll notice a difference and feel more relaxed in the knowledge that you're providing much better 'living conditions' for your B234R.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts