Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well I think that everyone who came along to the Maptune weekend would agree that it was a great sucess. Everyone went away smiling!

I had a custom tune done on my 9-3 Aero to optomise the performance from my larger intercooler, air filter, air intake and full exhaust system. I just can't believe how different the car feels. It felt quick before, but now it's absolutely ballistic. We ran out of time, so didn't get to the Dyno, but Frederick reckoned I should have about 280 BHP and 400Nm of Torque. What a drive home to Aberdeen

Thanks to Ranald for organising everything, and thanks to Frederick and Janus from Maptune - a couple of very tallented guys. Thanks also to Paul and his staff at "The Old Manor" in Lundin Links, where we spent the Saturday night - great hospitality and absolutely fantastic food.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I agree, was well worth the visit. Thanks to Maptun and Ranald for organising.

Driving home, I realised the increase in Torque. 50-75 in 5th as an example is noticeably quicker.

Very tallented chaps. Thanks again.

Neil, can you send me a Private Message with details of your tyres.

Would be good to see how the other guys got on.

regards
Chris

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had an awesome drive home - wheels spun in every gear except 5th so new tyres were put on today - Good Year GSD3.

Hopefully they will make enough of a difference so I can use the car

Had a great day talking to everyone and was awesome to meet the maptun guys in the flesh.

Only regret is I couldn't make it to the meal at night due to lack of babysitters - awesome food at the old manor

21 - 27 of 27 Posts