Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that Fredrik from Maptun is coming to Scotland in October and will be available for some custom tuning.
Dates are the 29th October
Details are sketchy at the moment but Ranald at Roseisle is bringing him over to work on a couple of cars (mine included)and he intends to have the saturday available for other cars on a first come basis
Anyone interested ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was going to say bit of a long drive but seeing as though I'm probably off to the Green Hell again in Sept.... How long does it take to get up there from London George?

Zahid

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That depends on how much
Zars - multimap should give you a rough guide on a good day with following wind (422.5 miles and 21hours 48 mins).

regards
Mike

·
Registered
249 Posts
well after witnessing a pretty nasty accident (which we were nearly a part of) on the M1 few weeks back on the way to pick up our soon to be broken 9k Carly both me and my friend who was driving (his 996 turbo) have decided no more
on our roads unless they are completely clear. This guy just moved out into the outer lane for no reason whatsoever
and failed to see a very fast approaching NSX. Well the inevitable happened and we were lucky enough to miss the bouncing back lead car when passing (on the hard shoulder)
Completely freaked us out.

You just don't know what the other driver is thinking

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread with that little tale. No more fast driving for me

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a good day 7-8 hours at a good semi legal cruise nsl+10 % +1
m6 toll is wonderfull
west coast is preferable to east

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am very interested. whats the address in scotland so I can look on multi map. Could be a bit far for me !!

I will give Frederick a bell to see if he can tune my stage 3 to account for recent hardware (abbott intercooler and intake).

But yes I am very interested.

Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
ooohhhh! a bit of custom tuning!

Sounds like a good idea to me, as i would like to get the software setup with the RS whilst on the car.
Count me in.

Steve

PS Look for Dalkeith, Nr Edinburgh

·
Registered
37 Posts
As Roseisle are an offical Maptun distributor, I was thinking of using them to do my stage 1. I'm up in Aberdeen so they are not that far away.

Can anyone recommend their work?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Used them to fit and test Maptun Stage 3 on the aero. Ranald is really helpful and happy to talk uprated 9000's. His own 9000 is turning into an awesome piece of kit. Facilities are good and they seem to know what they are doing. I'm really happy with their work Give Ranald a call - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've used Roseisle for all the mods to my 9-3 Aero, and they have been superb. As Aerogav said, Ranald the owner is very knowlegable, and happy to discuss the best way forward for your particular car.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Was speaking to Ranald on Friday. They are having custom tune done on 2 cars, which will take the best part of 2 days, only leaving 1 day for other work. If you want work done, you'd better speak to Ranald directly - it's not just a case of turning up on the day, and having your car tuned in 5 minutes!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to clarify
Just spoken to Ranald

There will be one day set aside for custom tuning.. this will be saturday AFIK

given this will take a couple of hours per car this will mean a limit of practically 4-5 cars
There is some leeway and depends on what people want
cost ? talk to Ranald
Stage one's are not a problem but a stage 7 would be ...

He is also planning a bit of an event if people are travelling and are up for it
but it is definitely not a turn up and hope something gets done

I may have more info later

·
Registered
288 Posts
I spoke with Ranald on Friday who gave me an estimate for a custom tune

subject to checking my funds and places (although assumed he has counted me in)
I will be travelling up and back in the day (from leeds)

Need to have an excuse with the missues as Im supposed to be doing work on the house

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well its 4 hours from leeds (did it this week) so its gonna be a long day for you

btw do not assume I would get your name down pronto...

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK MAPTUN AKA FREDRIK IS COMING OVER TO EDINBURGH ON THE 22nd OCTOBER . WE CAN WITH GIVEN TIME AND WITHIN REASON TUNE TO ANYONES NEEDS. HOWEVER WE HAVE A STAGE 5 AND 3 AND MAYBE STAGE 2 TO CARRY OUT ,TIME WILL BE AT A PREMIUM. PLEASE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING COMING LET ME KNOW AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE. THE EARLIER I KNOW THE BETTER PREPAIRED WE CAN BE. WE ARE LOOKING AT HAVING A MEAL AND DRINKS IN A FRIENDS HOTEL IN FIFE (9000 AERO OWNER) AND IF YOU WANT TO STAY £25 PER HEAD B&B SHARING .REDUCED RATE FOR ROSEISLE AND PALS. GET UP IN THE MORNING (OR MAYBE NOT) AND GO FOR A BURN AND COFFEE ETC. IF YOU GUYS CAN LET ME KNOW NUMBERS QUICKLY I WILL ALSO TRY AND ARRANGE ROLLING ROAD TO SHOW INCREASE IN POWER THAT SAME DAY. PS EVEN IF YOU REQUIRE NO TUNING PLEASE COME ALONG FOR THE BANTER AND MEAL AT NIGHT .MORE THE MERRIER!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
NO PROBS SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO GET A WEEKEND PASS. MUCH BETTER TO STAY THE NIGHT WITH US AND PARTY ANYWAY. SO WE CAN SPEND MORE TIME ON THE BEAST (CAR).I AM SURE YOU CAN BLAG YOUR WAY UP HERE. MAYBE SEE YOU SOON CHEERS RANALD

1 - 20 of 27 Posts