Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been talking to Johnny at Maptun about a new JT 3" system for my 9000 Aero. He is now offering two catalyst options - the Race and the Sports. As you might expect the Race offers even less flow resistance but costs an extra 1300 Krone (£100). Which version are people generally opting for? I can see future mods including an uprated Ecu but since I average 35k miles p.a. I am unlikely to do much more. BillJ which version are you running please?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I had the same dilemma
I went for the sports as I did not want to take the risk of an emmission fail which was mooted when I discussed it
the difference in back pressure I do not believe is significant
so ...more money for a small gain risking a mot fail ?
I went for the safe option...

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
from elkparts
...jt sell to speedparts too !!
It may not be quoted on their web site...but they can get it
the price I paid was almost the same as the speedparts price converted over ....

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I too have the sport cat. Although I bought my system from Maptun, they told me they get them through Speedparts (at that time, Speedparts wouldn't deal with overseas customers) and indeed my exhaust was shipped directly from Speedparts.

It should be a lot easier now Speedparts have a UK dealer.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Yup, I've got the sports cat as well on my JT system fitted to my 9000 Aero....
My complete system was supplied by Elkparts.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I took the race cat, because it is required for MapTun Stage IV software I think it will pass emission test. I ordered the wohle JT-System from MapTun directly. It was a perfect fit, btw. Fitted it myself

Yours,

Philip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts