Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll be getting an MBC soon. Found it in the classifieds for 25 bucks. That sounded reasonable. Anyway is there any special things I should know or look out for before and after I install it? This will be my first tweek on the old girl well, besides removing the air intake hose to the filter box. I guess that technically qualifies as a tweek

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'd definitely get a calibrated boost gauge to set it up properly. It'll also enable you to see if/ when the MBC is going out of adjustment.

Only run on higher octaine fuel and aim to set the MBC at about 1.2 bar (17-18psi) max.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
sounds like a bleed valve...
cheap upgrade but can be good
my advice take it sloooowwwwly
put it in the line and crack the valve open just a touch
go out driving and see how it does
if you are not hitting the overboost then you can open it a little more ..go out driving
repeat till satisfied or you hit the overboost
when you hit the over boost(not if) take it back a little
pleae note mith a simple mbc you will be adjusting it a lot because it does drift and the characteristics change with temp an RH
eventually (over a couple of weeks ) you will get to a settings that gives you the
but not the fun-killer of the overpressure cut-off
be patient ..it will take a time to get it right

good luck....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definately be taking it slowly. I can't afford a new engine right now. Thanks for the help. If I have a problem you can be sure I'll be here to try and figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts