Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a general rumor that something in the auto climate control goes to hell and you can't turn off hott air. I lauhed at that until it stared happened a little while ago. I turn everything off and it still blows a fairly good amount of REALLY hott air out of all the vents. Even with the a/c on it still blows it out. Anyone know how to fix it before it gets too hott??

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
check the l/side of the blower motor (under false bulkhead cover) as there is a small arm/lever with a cable hooked on to it this is the temp control make sure that this has ither not broken or the cable has not slipped off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had this problem twice!

Temprature control position motor is dead! they die real easy.

Replacing with one from a srap car is easy but do not get the same one as this is likly to be dead or dieing as well get the other one which controls the vent position as this has a much easier life.

It's a bit fidly (remove top of dash to get access) AND DO BE VERY careful when removing the cable off the end of the old motor as the control arm on the water flow valve on the heater matrix is VERY delecate and will not stand any rough treatment at all ( I know I broke one!)

To get access to the heater control arm (under bonnet behind and underneath aircon unit) is

As a test and temp fix :- remove top of dash ( big metal bit which is between screen and you) screws helpfully under speaker grills and in glove box if memory is correct.

Turn heating to full look at moving motors.. bottom one should move to turn heating on full.. then turn to coldest setting.. again watch movement.. air vent motor will move to switch heat/cold to screen etc but I bet heating control motor don't move..

Carefully! remove cable form motor arm (I think this is the lower of the 2 motors in a group)

You should then be able to manualy set the heating to what level you want. I turned mine off between May and October and 25% on during the winter months (I broke the arm off ) which required the removal of the Air con unit each time, along with skin.. finger nails etc!!)

Hope this helps..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.