Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought four PIAA extreme white H1 headlight bulbs, which claim to use 55w for a 110w output using the latest Japanese technology. Initail results with the dipped beam are very impressive, with much better light compared with the Phillips bulbs.

Problem is installing the main beam on the driver side as the airconditioner compressor is right in the way. Not even my 13 yr old daughter's fingers could reach in and work the wire clamps. How have others changed this bulb? Careful pliar work? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
By feel.

I even changed my wire clamps last year as the old ones had lost their spring.

It's not a bad job, takes about 3 minutes from popping the bonnet to closing it.

You just need more practice.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I must admit, Kevin, that I haven't found any trick to it. Whenever I try to replace that bulb, I end up swearing and cursing (unlike your daughter, I hope
) and sometimes it takes a few minutes, and sometimes much longer.

Next time, I'll give Andrew a call

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Pop the rear cover off
With the left hand:-
Remove wire and tuck down out of way
With left middle digit unclip both wire tags and swing retaining clip down.
Using the sides of middle and index finger of left hand place round spade connector of bulb and gentlely ease back until free and lift up.
Note orientation of bulb in fingers and place new balb back into same fingers in the same orientation.

Refitting is reverse of removal, the bulb will sit nicely in the holder while you left the clip back into place.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (ecopower stg0):
[qb]Pop the rear cover off
With the left hand:-
Remove wire and tuck down out of way
With left middle digit unclip both wire tags and swing retaining clip down.
Using the sides of middle and index finger of left hand place round spade connector of bulb and gentlely ease back until free and lift up.
Note orientation of bulb in fingers and place new balb back into same fingers in the same orientation.[/qb][/b]
Sounds pretty complicated

What's your address?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.