Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to own a METALLIC PURPLE (yes purple) 9000CDE 2.3LPT auto, which I loved and tinkered with. If anybody knows where she is now, since I traded her in back in May 2002, I would be interested to hear.

I can let the current owner know about a few bits which may not be obvious. I still have the 0.5bar wastegate actuator which will make her fly again!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't a respray - it was a factory colour. I don't know the official colour ID, but it was dark. There was no way you could mistake it for black though (unless it was after dark!)

I have some photos, if anyone is as sad as me and wants to see them, just tell me how to publish them?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I did a vehicle data check on the registration and it came back with this;

Manufacturer: Saab
Model: 9000 CDE ECOPOWER AUTO
Body type: 4 door saloon
Colour: Purple
Fuel type: Petrol
Date manufactured: 1995
Number of previous owners: 1
Last owner change: 18 April 1998

I'd guess that by the date of the last owner change, that the garage (I'm assuming) have not yet sold her, or the new owner hasn't got around to registering the car?!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb] QUOTE
I used to own a METALLIC PURPLE[/b]
I was in discussion with /john as to whether or not the metallic purple 9-5 we saw at the SOC national was factory finished or a respray. Was the 9000 a respray job or is it an official Saab catalogue colour? [/qb][/b][/quote]I had a chat with the owner and it is a respray. He did tell me the colour and the vehicle manufacturer that used the colour but I can't for the life of me remember what manufacturer it was
It began with an S and it wasn't Subaru (it wasn't blue!). His son owns the lime green 'Kermit' C900

1 - 8 of 8 Posts