Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My saab is a 2.3 lpt reg in 97. Under the bonnet there is the larger turbo,boost presure control valve, dump valve and it's got apc. I think that the last of the 2.3 turbo's were built this way. Can I fit a aero ecm to increase performance?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Hi, David. Welcome to Saabscene.

I'm not sure I understand the spec. of your car. As far as I know, the only LPT 9000s with a BPC valve were early (pre-'96) 2.0LPTs and none of the 2.3LPTs had one. Does it have a boost gauge? To the best of my knowledge, no 9000 LPTs had a boost gauge so this is a good indication of which engine the car left the factory was fitted with.

Running your VIN number through this VIN decoder will tell you what the original factory spec. was and whether it was fitted with the larger Mitsubishi turbo (power output will be listed as 225hp). If it was, then you already have the Aero ECU. I'll be interested to hear what this tool reports on your car.

I believe some of the last 2.3 full-pressure turbos came with the 225hp engine, only for manual transmission, though. This drivetrain is identical to that of the manual Aero.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts