Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
just a plug for Alresford Motor Services....they are really knowledgable about Saabs, really helpful guys and not the worlds most expensive. They do the conversions and though I have no experience of them I do know the demo car is always looking immaculate.

Bill

·
Registered
244 Posts
........foolish boy, I should add that I live in Devizes, 50 miles to Arlesford and worth the trip. Am having my 9000 turbo worked on from Saturday 29th and they are supplying a loan car. Nice guys.

Bill

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Here, fleetingly, guys.

I'm afraid I only have experience of Howe Engineering near Buntingford, so not much use down towards Zaphod's cruising grounds. Furthermore, although they have done a good LPG conversion job on my car it took them a lot of time to get right and therefore they probably made a loss on the job, so they aren't exactly looking for more Saab LPG work. Currently they mostly do Range Rovers and Skoda taxis - with no problems (But they are still pretty good when it comes to Saab maintenance and repair.)

Incidentally, I was at a presentation given last week by some friends of yours, Zaphod, namely Vogon (of intergalatic bypass and data security fame)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a 9000 running on LPG.
Does any clever scientific person know the relative cost per calorific value of LPG compared to domestic gas.
A stealthy home made compressor in the garage could be used to rig up a self fill point.
Then again the potential for completely f***ing up and blowing the house apart is a disincentive.
I guess the house insurance might not cover this.
Nice idea anyway

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everyone's help and comments.
Still doing a lot of searching around on the internet and personal experiences. Quite a few concerns are all mouth and no substance : 'We'll convert anything....' - until it comes down to it. One even said we cannot convert because your vehicle has a plastic inlet manifold. Reality, as Marvin says, must be on the blink again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.