Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to lower a 1992 Saab 2.3l Turbo 9000CD? Ive been looking around and I can only find lowering springs for the 9000CS...Is it even possible to lower the CD? if so, does anyone know whether it intales any other modifications than lowering springs themselves? and does anyone know where I can get such lowering springs?

In addition, Im looking for a website that will allow you to select a 92' Saab 9000CD and change its color...id like to see what colors look good on this particular car before I choose a color.

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Yep, they can be lowered. I also have a '92 2.3T CD and I'm running it on Bilstein shocks with matched springs and that lowers the car by up to 40mm dependant upon the original ride height. I'd say over the original turbo springs (that were 185K miles old!) the ride height has dropped about 30mm.

This kit is a but harsh though and there are several spring only kits around and you could run these with koni adjustable dampers should you wish.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason,

You used bilstein shocks...On thier site I only see one set of shocks for the back and one for the front...are these shocks the same shocks you have? Where did you get your springs? Any possibility of links?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.