Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

This question is for all of you that have lowered spings/shocks

Does the 40mm drop affect the wheel camber on 9000's badly ie negative camber (wheels pointion out) ??

The reason I ask is b'cos ive got koni adjustables and 40mm lowered springs on their way to me and have seen on speedparts site that they do a magic camber adjustment bolt for 9K's & 95's

Just wondered if it was an issue?

Damo

Ps those that do have Koni's on their 9k CSE's or Aeros - What settings do you have them set to?

Ta

Damo

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
My Carly had pronounced negative camber and that was with the Saab lowered suspension. Glenn of Trent Saab told me that the camber wasn't adjustable under normal circumstances, so I would say that a modification would be required to reduce the degree of camber.

I'd imagine it would make steering more responsive at lower speeds but at the cost of increasing understeer when cornering at higher speeds. TBH the Carly was a very "heavy" handling car, quite tricky on sharp twists and bumpy roads but a complete blast on fast flowing roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.