Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Low power and smoking

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gubben 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone I have a 2010 Saab 9-3 Vector TTID 180hp car and today after an acceleration it started to act like one turbo isnt working and its spitting black fume out of the exhaust when you accelerate. The car has dpf deleted. I think it might be the turbo since im not getting enough boost,but the turbo bar says otherwise and works and shows boost.
What could cause the smoking? How bad is the situation? Thank you for your answers.

#2 ·
Hi Dirty651, I had very similar situation with my TTiD and in my case it was a blown rubber tube between the turbo and the EGR. This results in loss of turbo pressure which then causes a bad mix of fuel and air which causes the black smoke (if there is no DPF). If you had a DPF it wouldn't smoke but the DPF would fill up with soot. It is a simple fix to replace the tube and quite cheap. It can be hard to see the split as it can be hidden where you can't see it (as mine was) and is not obvious when the motor is not under load (i.e.turbo pressure). As your issue started after acceleration this probably caused a split tube. Otherwise this video may be of help when looking for DPF related issues (have a look at about 5:00 minutes) - excuse the Aussie slang!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.