Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I posted recently about losing power under load. Everyone said DI or plugs, that kind of thing. I just got the new DI and replaced the plugs today to see if it helped any. Pretty much the same thing just happens a little later. It goes right up to about the 2/3rds mark (With both the electric BPC and a MBC that I bought (dawes device) and then just completely stops accelerating and jerks around a lot. The boost just bounces around right at 2/3rds. It also seems to be more willing to boost up to the checkered in first gear than any other if that helps any. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by FoeCom:
[qb]Hello, I posted recently about losing power under load.  Everyone said DI or plugs, that kind of thing.  I just got the new DI and replaced the plugs today to see if it helped any. Pretty much the same thing just happens a little later.  It goes right up to about the 2/3rds mark (With both the electric BPC and a MBC that I bought (dawes device) and then just completely stops accelerating and jerks around a lot.  The boost just bounces around right at 2/3rds.  It also seems to be more willing to boost up to the checkered in first gear than any other if that helps any.  Thanks in advance      [/qb][/b]
2/3rd what?

2/3rds red
2/3rds orange
2/3rds all of the gauge
2/3rds ??

if it's 2/3rds red then you're on the overboost switch if it's a standard FPT.

if it's 2/3rds orange then I'm more confused. do you get any Check Engine light flashes if you leave the ignition in the on position for a while (without starting)?

Andrew

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
OK, a few random thoughts.

Do you have any air leaks? or hissing sounds
Does the boost guage draw a good vacuum (dep left white?)
Have ou checked the boost guage for pressure level at the point the stutter occurs
Have you checked your cats/exhaust isn't blocked
is it fueling OK?
Are the plugs new?
IS the airfilter/intake clear?

Andrew

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check those things in the morning. I thought I'd also add that I cleaned the dump valve today and saw a really huge improvement. The misfiring doesn't start until the guage hits the begining of the checkered area (orange-red). I really don't know what that would have to do with the misfiring, but the saab dealership I go to told me it could be the air mass meter. Anything I could check to confirm this? (The parts around $400 dollars! And I thought the DI was bad!!)
Also, would it be a good idea to try cleaning the air mass meter in there now?

Edit: Reread you're post. How far should it be going into the white area of the guage when not boosting? Mine goes just far enough so you can see a sliver of white on the right side of the needle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.