Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just exactly that!!, I put redweld in it a few weeks ago and it solved the problem.
But I'm going through it now, there's no water leaking where it was. Dont tell me Iv'e a got a blown head gasket!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know your all saying about the matrix leaking, but there no smell of anything inside.
And there's nothing leaking inside either, no danp footwels, nothing.

I reading last night that it might be a loose bolt/hose ect that only leaks under pressure therefore you wont see anything when sitting still.

But if it's a head gasket then so be it, sods law.

·
Registered
393 Posts
When my heater matrix went there was no sign of anything in the footwells. But, the hose that drains the aquarium was often dripping. I know that it will also drip when the A/C has been on, to make sure that the water than condenses in there escapes, but if you drive around without the A/C on and it still drips (and it's not raining) then it might point to the heater matrix.

Also, if you are steaming up on dry days (like today for once!) then it might also indicate the matrix, since air will always be passing over your hot wet matrix before coming into your car.

Someone may be able to post a link showing where the hose comes through the bulkhead to drip from the engine bay onto the groun, but basically it's in the middle lowish down.

Cheers,

Ben.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just a possibility, but you might have one of the radiators with plastic connectors on the end. It still leaks, but only when cooling down and only for a short period of time when a seal isn't made between the rad core and the plastic connectors.

I was loosing coolant for months before I noticed where and when it was happening - sneaky little begger!

/era

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.