Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, a picture is worth a thousand words.

So, where should it go this 'ose? I can't find anything to partner it up with, no other loose hoses at the back of the engine bay. Is it just an outlet?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
It looks as if yours isn't a Trionic engine as such Jason. Mine has a MAP sensor just where this item is.
But I believe that pipe goes to the charcoal cannister for emissions purposes. The solenoid inline with it is controlled by the engine management to open up under certain conditions.
My engines not the same, so I can't be more accurate.
Nick.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats right, it's the DI/APC engine, Trionics were 1993 onwards. As you will notice by the red gaffer tape, the "device" (whatever it is) sits on a bracket which SHOULD be held together by rubber gromits. Unfortunately the gromits have perished and the thing wouldn't stay put. I'm pretty sure it's on the right way though.

BTW, the car isn't running badly but it isn't as quick as usual, this may just be coincidence.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has your car got TCS.If so the valve on the back of the bulkhead is a safety valve for the TCS ( if Fitted )Do not put it to the evap valve.
As for the pipe it vents to atmosphere.The pipe should only be about 2" long

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.