Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

my 93 TTiD (59) is a new car to me but I’m having a little trouble with it at the momen. I’m looking for advice on which software to purchase whether it be a hand held gadget or software to load onto a laptop, so my husband can interrogate the car.

the short version. Whilst driving it went into limited performance and in the space of 32 miles the exhaust tips went black (previously they were shiny silver). I managed to get to the SAAB indie in Salisbury who read the code and diagnosed the DPF filter. They did a forced regen and it drove fine. We took it for a blast down the A303 all the way to the M3 and turned around, all in 5th at 2,5k revs. The following day my husband took the car on his 32 mile commute and he got limited performance twice on the way there and once on the way back. There is a trace of black smoke when revved at a stand still, but not a lot. Hubby has checked for air leaks and changed the panel filter which was filthy. All the hoses are integral and secure. Its a shame as it’s a lovely car and we’d like to get to the bottom of it soonest.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Hello
Get a version of opcom
Try a British seller there's a lot on that well known auction site
It's download to a laptop.
I think most version run on windows ep but check sellers advert
10-4 rubber stamp!

Sent from my Nokia 4.2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A quick look on eBay gives many variables v.1.59, v1.95 & v1.99 but all are geared towards Vauxhall/Opel. If anyone could link me I’d be very greatfu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A quick look on eBay gives many variables v.1.59, v1.95 & v1.99 but all are geared towards Vauxhall/Opel. If anyone could link me I’d be very greatfu.
The last time I contacted the original manufacturer (about a year ago) of the OPCOM they stated there is only limited coverage for the Saab and they did not recommend the purchase. That was for US based cars though, so not sure if that is valid for your location. What year is the car? Are you looking to only diagnose or do you want full access to the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts