Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Also - nutcase had a longlife exhaust fitted to his 99t which he is restoring. Might be worth checking his post.

He could probably help you with questions on the cost and he could probably give you an opinion on how well it works on his car.

Regarding the effect it could have on the car. This depends on if you keep it the same as the original system. You could get it oversized, removable cat, different bends, equal length manifold (not sure if you intend to replace that?) removal of some of the silencers, ect...

If you keep it the same as normal and you are replacing a working system (with no leaks) then you shouldn't notice any difference.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like the way you put 'should' in brackets... I nearly always find a problem with work done on a time v.s. cost basis - people cut corners when they're in a rush. It's not really that much of a problem if the mistakes aren't bad ones. I remember a Kwik-fit fitter trying to bump the centre caps out of my Mitsubishi wheels by throwing the wheel onto the balancing machine - he tried it about 3 or 4 times before realising that the centre cap was held-in with a circlip. Was quite sickening to watch...

Should be alright with a longlife exhaust - I guess longlife don't do anything except exhausts and they must be quite well expirienced so don't have a problem getting it right. I think that price seems quite reasonable for a custom system...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts