Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

anyone selling a used s/s exhaust for a 1995 9000 CDE ??
after just buying the car, I have noticed the exhaust is in pretty poor shape
any numbers, links etc for second hand gear ??
any help appreciated. Full non-cat no problem for me

ps. Adrian - whatever happened to your s/s exhaust you had on the car you were scrapping ?

cheers

shunty

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks saabman. I'm actually down @ TSL in Nottingham tomorrow getting me scoob sorted, & he is a saab guy also, so I'll ask there as well.
I'll definetly check out the link you gave me.

shunty

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Sorry for delay in replying Shunty. Still not got round to getting SS exhaust off my CD - its a non cat anyway so no good for you. Guys that did it were permaexhaust in Blackpool - they use the standard mild steel front pipe which they cut just below engine to weld a SS flexi in to which the rest of the SS system is fitted. Just go for a single box - even then it will be quieter than your scooby.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
saabman - spoke to simon @ permazaust & ordered a cat free s/s system from him, very impressed with the price....£279 inc vat & fitting

He did say he has some orders from saabscene.

also told him I have a split in the manifold on one of the centre bolts, he said they will weld if necassary, also ordered a gasket set as well for the manifold, because it's looks shot.

edited to add - they are fitting on monday as well, hows that for service, as I have the day off work, have to cancel the golf now though

cheers

shunty

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
also told him I have a split in the manifold on one of the centre bolts, he said they will weld if necassary, also ordered a gasket set as well for the manifold, because it's looks shot.
 [/b]
If the split is on the top, around the centre bolt, it is supposed to be there. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got the new exhaust fitted today, what a great job. All hand made @ the garage.
great service & friendly people their.
Car also pulls a bit better as well now that it's been decatted.
took my daughter with me & called over to blackpool, worst weather they have had for a while typical isn't it.....

shunty

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
 50mm s/steel system[/b]
Yep sounds just the same as mine - remember 50mm is 2 inch where as standard system is 2.25 inch, however with only single straight through box its better than standard set-up. However, next time I'll ask for bigger

I though £279 was a good price but £230 is excellent - will have to get onto them to see how much it would be to convert my CD one to fit the CS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hello Ian mate, I opted for the quiet sound on the ss, what a great job he did. I had a good look underneath after he had fitted it & chechek the bends, fitment & welds etc.
It has a bit of a deeper growl to it now.

mutungi - lol yeah "the old split in the manifold routine" as Peter Sellers would say
julian had already pointed out that one, probably gave all the mechanical guys on here a bit of a laugh & you as well by the looks of it

Ian - no I didn't go to dono on saturday did you ?.....I've been bad with Pluracy, (got the lurgy)

shunty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts