Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My K reg 9000 has an official green saab lfule cap that can be locked.

I have not locked it but it seems to have decided that it is half locked in that it turns with some resistance but when it hits the point where it should come loose it slips. I have tried using the key to get the lock to either lock fully or fully unlock but to no avail.

Does anyone know how I can get the cap off?

Steve

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The answer to this is simple:

1) put it the key and turn it till it jams and then snaps off
2) Hammer a screw driver into the lock and remove cap.

Lock now jammed so it behaves like a normal fuel cap. But have not tightened it up full.

All I need now is a suitable replacement cap.. I suspect a trip to Halfrods is in order

Steve

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The CD has locking fuel caps as the central locking doesn't lock the filler flap. Mine also had a sticky lock, spraying copious amounts of WD40 into the barrel eventually freed it.

Best of luck finding a new cap Stephen.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My H reg CS, my brothers J reg CD, my P reg CSE all had or have central locking and the flap solenoid. My K reg CSE has central locking but no solenoid and no sign of one ever having been there - even the flap is missing the locking bracket.

Thinking about it I bet halfrods dont have one.. might have to drive over to Gloucester to pick one up from the dealer there.

Its all good fun.

Steve

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'm still using my Halford klocking cap on the Aero (transfered from the C900 Carly), so now 11 yearts old.

My Aero has the locking hole, grommet and flap latch, but has never had the locking solenoid.

I think this was somethiong to do with car thefts, i.e You couldn't lock your car and the fill it up as the flap would be locked....

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts