Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anybody know what is "Loaded air adaption" i saw with tech 2? In my case it was the first time 2.5% and then 2%

9-5 aero

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ladeluftadaptation = Charge air adaption = boost adaption

The adaptions, boost or fuel are not very "long term". In fact, they are adjusted all the time, constantly when you drive in the "adaption windows". The boost adaption is not really power affecting. On steady load, the PID (Proportional-Integral-Derivative control) will take care of any kind of positive or negative adaption on boost. So the power result is not affected. But on transients (short acceleration) you "feel" it: Negative adaption will cause that you never reach the target boost in the short term (it is used to prevent "overshoothing" the request).[/b]
Original text by Vigge

Full text can be found here.

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Originally posted by philip hs:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Adrian W:
[qb] Negative adaption is a real B.[/qb][/b]
Well ... it is there for a reason
[/qb][/b][/quote]A reason that miraculously disappears when new software is loaded.

It's just overly-conservative wastegate mapping on the stock ECU ...

Adrian W~

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Originally posted by 9-5 aero:
[qb]Ok, so it does not have an influence on the power. Am i right? [/qb][/b]
It can have a huuuuge influence on power under the right (or perhaps "wrong") circumstances. It just depends on why it's adapting, and in which direction.

Adrian~

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it better to have a positive or negative value, what kind of tolerance is allowed and after a certain point would we have an error code? (For my car as i wrote it was the first time 2.5% and then 2%)

9-5 aero

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Originally posted by 9-5 aero:
[qb]... Is it better to have a positive or negative value, what kind of tolerance is allowed and after a certain point would we have an error code....[/qb][/b]
As far as I know the charge air adaption limit is 100%.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts