Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Its not your firewall, some links are broken ...

On the main bar just below the Saabscene logo, the link to saabs.info goes to a holding page.

And there are several in the drop down menu at the top right of the screen ...

saabs.info does the same as above (as you would expect)
Saab 9-3 / GM900 returns a Not found page.
Performance Saab returns a holding page.
Saab Turbo returns an address not found error

But as Admin pointed out, just saying that many of the links don't work is a bit vague. Running the website would take up quite a lot of time, and Saabscene would rely on being told that any links are broken (and which ones), so they can do something about it.

It's quite a while since I looked at any of the links in the drop down menu and I see there are a couple of new Forums for Saabs, I may take a look, but I do like this one.

Vince
(I do have a personal web site for hosting family photos and its way out of date, so I do know that running a site requires plenty of time)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct, Vince / Admin, they are the links I was talking about.

As to vagueness, apologies but I have to say as a new member on this forum it seems that there is a tightrope between a) stating your issue and getting flamed for mentioning something that was brought up in topics <insert> on <date> by user <name> etc and failing to notice that, B) and being too vague.

There was no criticism impled in my post, which is why I specifically said it could be my issue. As to running websites, I am more than aware of the time and effort that goes into it and that is why I contributed (financially) to the site a couple of days back.

Time to hang up my Saab Scene hat, I think.

·
Registered
334 Posts
TomH, sorry if my post seemed a little harsh, on re-reading it does sound a wee bit harsh.

I've listed the links I found, to help Admin find the broken links.

As for Saabscene, great bunch, and some are very knowledgeable about Saabs, I've kept coming to this site even when I didn't have a Saab. Now on my 3rd Saab, this time its

Vince

1 - 5 of 5 Posts