Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 saab 93 linear ragtop and i keep getting engine management light and limited performance warning, but not effecting the performance and on the motorway i can do 100mph no problem and warning does not come on also i have had 2 diagnostics done 1 cold and 1 hot with engine running and no fault codes come up ,so garage saywe carnt fix whats not broke ,any ideas please i live in Liverpool uk regards Tom

·
Registered
77 Posts
The best thing is to get an OBD reader. mine is called a Launch and it was £50 well spent, if the check light is on you can immediately find what the code is.

But does the light go off on its own? Normally it stays on until an OBD reader clears it. Sounds a bit odd it would clear itself.

Usually the engine 'limp' mode affects 1st and 2nd gear most of all, once into 3rd and 4th I have found my car (same as yours but 2005) goes okay even with the light on

The CE light can be triggered by all kinds of things and no code means you have no idea.

Mind you I drove my 95 for three years with the light on (I had no OBD scanner then) and there was no problem at all so never had a clue why it had been triggered

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The light stays on for about 2 seconds but the annoying part is the bing bong and when i am over 40mph no problem no light no bing bong

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had diagnostic done twice 1 cold engine off and 1 hot with engine running and both times no codes ,
The limited performance light just pops on for 2 sec while driving below 40

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can i turn bing bong off
Im not sure what you mean, the bing bong (for me at least) only comes with any warnings on the SID (the clock display area). Check engine light has never triggered an audio warning for me, or displayed anything on the SID, just the little engine icon on the speedo

Simple SID alerts can be turned off using the dash controls each time, or with a cheap OBD reader, serious ones like brakes and airbags need a garage level OBD system to be turned off as they are safety related

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Limited Performance does bring up the 'bing bong' (EML doesn't) and doesn't seem to trigger a fault code. I was getting it frequently and I've come to the conclusion it's caused by a failed regen of the DPF as you get the warning but you can clear it by pressing Clear on the steering wheel and it goes away. Checking with a Tech2 showed no faults but the DPF hadn't regenned for ages. I did a forced regen and it didn't happen again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts