Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an R plate 9000 CSE, when you turn the lights off the dipped stay on and the dash display stays illuminated. Have tried swapping light switch and relays from old 9000 CD but to no avail. All OK once you turn ignition off. Any ideas ??

·
Registered
706 Posts
Are you saying if fuse 31 is fitted i'll get sidelights all the time, and if removed, all the lights will work normally but i just won't get them automatically coming on with the ignition?

Thanks
Skiddins

·
Registered
260 Posts
On mine,('91 9000S 2.3 Turbo), if fuse 31 is fitted, the dipped headlamps come on with the ignition, however, whilst in the 'off' position, you will find the rear foglamps and the main beam lamps don't work. The next position is parking lamps, followed by headlamps proper. In all positions, whether fuse 31 is fitted or not, the instrument lamps light and are controlled by the dimmer.
Pete

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Of course day-running lights are a matter of personal preference. My view is that I want the other buggers to know for sure that I'm there so that they can avoid me. (Naturally, I'm doing all that I can to avoid them).

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
gassy shares my view. Having driven a metallic silver 900i, now a platana grey 900s lpt, it is essential so that other bleary-eyed road users see you on foggy mornings (or just dull days) on the south coast.

Likewise, drive a car finished in green through the countryside and no-one will see you in shadowy country lanes if you do not use your lights!

I believe that the UK govt was or is examining the introduction of DRLs in this country. I daresay that some drivers are too ignorant to understand the safety benefits.

/john

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
word has it that day running lights are going to be a legal requirement on all new cars within the next couple of years. I agree with gassy and john and would rather have my lights on permanently for safety.

Neil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts