Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Lighting Board needed- urgently

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  donkeyshed 
#1 ·
Was driving along on Sunday in my 2006 9-3 1.9 TDi when my SID display went mental. It informed me that ALL of the Rear Right-side lights had failed (tail light, indicator, brake light, reverse light...the lot).
Took it to local (very trusted) garage who said it needs a new Lighting Board but that they could not source one. He said he would keep looking but advised me to do the same. I have absolutely no idea about this part.
What I was told to look for:

Lighting Board with approx 9 inches of cable for the wiring harness. The board has prongs sticking out that go in the back of the lamps. Does this make sense?

My initial searches have proved fruitless.

Any ideas on where I might get one?

Also, am I legal driving the car in this condition? I have used hand-signals to turn Right, left side and high-level brake lights are working.

Any advice appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
Rear clusters have been knkown to corrode and short out, if it is the back of teh lamp housing a scrapyard is the sensible place to start looking, if that is not what you're looking for, can you see if there is a part number stamped on the component?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Kev. I will start trawling scrapyards but will have to wait until the weekend. I'm concerned about the legality of driving the car in that condition. I was hoping to find a part at a used Saab parts dealer (e.g.. Neo Brothers) and ordering it so I can get it sorted ASAP. Apparently this is a common Saab fault. I'm still not entirely confident what it is I'm looking for...

#4 ·
Curiously, I am finding what I THINK is the correct part... but only for the LEFT/nearside. There is not a single mention/picture anywhere of a right-side/offside rear unit. This is called the Rear Outer Bulb Holder. Is that what I am looking for, do you think?
Font Technology Electrical supply Electronic device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.