Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '89 Carlsson has been a bit lethargic recently below the turbo line.... but once turbo cuts in no problems.

I wondered if it was the air filter.... how often should they be changed...... and where the hell is it!!?? The Haynes manual is next to useless!!

Any other suggestions?

Ed

·
Registered
600 Posts
Air filter location: it's cover is at front of engine bay, on right, at a level about half way down radiator. Air filter is hidden behind this cover so that air filer goes inside the wing. You need to undo 3 clips to get the cover off, then inconvientley keep undoing and removing air hoses to create enough room to get air fiter out (28cm long 12cm diameter, probably part # QAF511 - i know i'm sad having this info but I stuggled to get one - don't bother with Halfords.)They cost abot £9 for a copy filter).

I change mine every year (or when its a nice day and I can be bothered).

If it has been 2+ years since you changed it, it would definately be worth changing the filter, although whether it would cause 'lethargy' could be open to debate.

All my 9000s seem very sensitive to spark plug condition, and I would tend to change the plugs every 6 months as this is cheap and easy to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.