Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent idea, Venumb. The problem is always percentages. What % of Saab drivers are "enthusiasts", and what percentage of them can you manage to contact, and what percentage of them are enthusaistic to want to attend, and what percentage of them are convenient to a central point.

We have an advantage in the UK - we're a smaller country. Even the Saab Owners Club here, with 5,000 members, can only attract about 200 of them to the national meeting, whereas SOC regional (pub) meetings probably attract 5-20.

But if you can get just five people together it is still worthwhile. Go for it!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
If you meet up with this lot, don't leave them alone with your food!

They had my garlic bread away ;-)

Normal weather for a Saab meet - rain.

Nice to meet Gassy with his unfeasibly large tank in the boot. (LPG)

Also there were Glen (Trent Saab Master Technician) and his better half Doris, Pete Briggs (EMS Chairman) and Fraser "Dr Rock" who I believe is organising the entertainment at the SOC national.

The cars present were:

1985 900 Turbo 8v
1991 9000 Carlsson 2.3T
1991 9000 SE 2.3T
1965? 96 Monte Carlo 2 stroke

We will be orgainising another with a lot more notice, and hopefully better weather and a chance to have a go in the cars.

I would have been interested to know how my standard Carlsson 2.3T compared to Gassy's modified 2.3T.

PS. I'm far better looking than those photos suggest ;-)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also was disappointed that we didn,t have time for a go in the cars - I also wanted to compare mine to a Carlsson !

Lets look forward to better weather. From past experience we really need to plan something even as simple as a pub get together 2 months in advance, to allow people to get it into their diaries.

How about Sunday 21st April ?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, do you think we can have a get together at the EMS Steam and Spares day on 18th May ? Hoe about if we all turned up for that, but adjourned at some point (or, for those that aren't SOC Members, met somewhere close by)

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Sounds okay to me - doesn't matter about being an SOC member or not, just have to pay to get in (about a quid last time I think).

Peter Briggs has said that there'll be a different car park this time. Only thing is you couldn't just look for the Saabs as there'll literally be hundreds of the things!

Kevin Mc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.