Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there i have just obtained a set of leather seats from an 1989 cs, and am wondering if the back seats will fit into a 1990 cds, the fronts shouldnt be a problem, but with the donor car being a hatch and mine a saloon, what problems will i have adapting the seats, also, if they do fit could i modify my saloon to have the seats fold forward.

i got them for £40, so they were too much of a bargain to let go, all they needed was a clean, and some restorer on them

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
They can be made to fit, the problem is fitting the backrest securely which could have implications insurance wise if you have a crash with a heavy load in the boot (might come through). Ususal method is to use those rubber bonnet straps between the back rest and the underneath of the parcel shelf. I've got this in my Carlsson but not keen - one of the reasons that I'll be breaking the Carlsson soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.