Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You haven't said what colour they are, and hoe they got so grubby-any leatherseats need constant maintenance if they are ageing. My grey ones from a 1988 scrapyard 9000 which have covered 177000 miles in that vehicle and now a further 6000 miles in my 91 95000 mile 9000 have been on the receiving end of £30 worth of leather renovation cream and about 5 hours of elbow grease over the last 3 months to return them to peachiness. Can be done

·
Registered
776 Posts
Use the leather Cream too, nearly 120K of wear, but pretty good nick considering, so give it a good rub down every few weeks.
In interim, have got a "Leather" Scented spray for Car interior, and give the interior regular wipe over, on dash and seats. Gives a nice atmosphere to interior, not overpowering like fruit type scents.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Don't be overenthusiastic with the Auto Glym. Once clean, it's a once or twice a year thing. A colleague who cherised his old 'Morse' type Jag turned his leather seats to cheese by doing them every week when he washed the car!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mutungi

Try contacting a firm called Wooleys. I've lost their leaflet but they are on the web. They sell a leather restoration kit. Saaben use it on all pre owned saabs they sell. The kit cost about £40 quid from recollection and is supposed to be excellent. Sorry I've lost their details and I'm not even sure where they are (possibly in Oxford?)but you should be able to track them down (they do mail order)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Saddle soap at £2-50 a bar (lasts years) to clean the leather, neatsfoot oil to feed the leather at £7-00 a tin (again lasts years) and some other stuff (£3-50 a tub...lasts years) that I can not remember the name of which is simply wiped on to give a great shine but not slippy finish. All very cheap and not much elbow grease needed. Alternatively let the wife buy a horse and nick all the stuff she uses to keep the saddle and tack in good condition when used in all weathers. IMHO much better and a lot cheaper than the car leather stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts