Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a tear in my Aero driver's seat leather, in a fold on the side bolster on the seat cushion. You can't really tell, unless you get in close an examine it, but I wondered if tears/rips can be easily repaired, and where you would take your car to get it sorted?

Also, the light coloured insert is also very worn, and looks like it has been repaired at some stage, but not very well. Someone said the inserts are not even leather, but vinyl, and you can see the fabric backing.

It sounds like I need an upholsterer to look at it, but who does this sort of work? Has anyone used anyone they can recommend?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[h=2]Leather seat repair/refurb?[/h]
I found a tear in my Aero driver's seat leather, in a fold on the side bolster on the seat cushion. You can't really tell, unless you get in close an examine it, but I wondered if tears/rips can be easily repaired, and where you would take your car to get it sorted?

Also, the light coloured insert is also very worn, and looks like it has been repaired at some stage, but not very well. Someone said the inserts are not even leather, but vinyl, and you can see the fabric backing.

It sounds like I need an upholsterer to look at it, but who does this sort of work? Has anyone used anyone they can recommend?​

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
If you have ever watched wheeler dealers , they seem to use classic car upholsterers . Suppose get a copy of a classic car magazine , or google .

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
thread merge/ moved correct forum..

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The insert panels on both the 9-3 and 9-5 are frankly rubbish vinyl and awful.
I used one of the smart repair centres local to me and they were able to remove the seat cover and replace the panel with a very close match (cream vinyl)
Cost me about £50 and kept me reasonably happy.
You can see the replaced insert in the pic below.....looks worse in the pic but you get the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.