Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

Got a late 92 9000CD 2.3 RHD that has just reached the 70,000 Km mark. Great solid piece of machinary, no major faults. But do have some minor issues, hence this post.

1. Been getting about 400 Km out of a full tank of fuel till the indicator to 'fill-up' flashed. Does anyone know how many Ks before the tank is totally drained? In terms of litres, so I can sort of deduce how many Ks left before I'd actually have till the station.

2. Leak under the driver's footrest after heavy rain! Basically when the car is stationary and after a downpour, there'll be a small puddle of water under the footrest (just the drivers seat). Got the SAAB authorise dealer to check it out but couldn't find where is the root cause of the puddle. Really annoying, esp they charge me an hour for it!!

P/S. Do like the car, wouldn't mind picking the latest 93 Vector (manual tranny) in a couple of years. Any stories about the 93 Vector in manual guise?

Benjamin Lau

·
Registered
312 Posts
My doors on my '92 9000CD seem to be holding in the rain water and will drain for at least two days after a rain storm. When it is severe, the water backs up over the door sill. The other alternative could be the heater core but in that case I would think you would have the problem all the time. I am going to clear the drainage holes in the bottoms of the doors this weekend and hope to eliminate one more problem from the stack! LOL

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Just a thought - could you have a leak on the windscreen and water running down from there collecting in the footwell? Do you have the Saab handbook for the car- should tell you in there what the reserve for the tank is - Haynes states full tank is 66ltrs for '92 cars.
Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi and welcome

My 1995 Aero regularly puts the low fuel light on at 60 miles range, generally equating to about 10 litres left in the tank (I think this is what the handbook says).

I have, when lost once, driven with the range meter saying I only had 2 miles left to go, then thankfully a filling station appeared.

HTH
Ant

·
Registered
680 Posts
I drove for a mile or so with SID saying 0 miles! Luckily I knew a garage was looming. I take silly risks like this in my obsessive need to use Optimax (passed two or three garages to get there).

My manual says 10 litres left when indicator lamp illuminates. (9-3 Aero).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.