Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - have a leak in the boot (9k CSE) right hand side near / around tools. Can't track it down from the boot lid - any suggestions? Unlikely to be condensation as always on the right - plus the carpet appears damp and the wet is underneath.

Over to you oh great knowledgeable ones!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lion, me too, noticed it yesterday, I need to track this down also. Mines a MY90 9000, right side also. Its been raining here ever since I discovered it, so cant so anything about it yet.

In one of my other CS's (MY92), a tiny crack had developed between the red and clear bits of the perspex, between the reversing light and the fog light. This used to let water into the whole perspex thing, and when I lifted the boot, it all came pouring out through the reversing light into the boot.

To fix it, I squidged a bit of clear sealer in the gap, after bending it open a bit. That one hasnt leaved since.

R

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The odd thing is that I have checked all the obvious areas and can't find an entry point for the water. The damp area is to the right of the spare wheel compartment and is noticeably wet under the carpet so I am pretty sure that the leak is coming from above. I will do some more investigating and let you know - in the meantime if anybody has encountered this and fixed it let me know ASAP as its bl***y pouring with rain!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lion, I found mine - its nice and sunny now after a morning of high winds and torrential rain!

On my MY90 9000 there is a seam above the brake light and under the tailgate (when closed). This seam has a little corrosion on it, so water seeps in and ends up on top of the rear light cluster, inside the car. It then drips onto the carpet on the right side.

Looks like its been happening for a while now, the water has gone as far forward as the carpet under the rear seat. Oh dear! Much worse if the car is pointing front downwards, as has been pointed out.

I'll have to bath-seal it up quick and then sort the rust out when its less rainy.

Hope you find your leak soon!

R

·
Registered
234 Posts
My leak is at the very top of the boot lid where the wiring looms come in. The looms have distorted the seal and rain sneaks in and around depending on how the car is parked.

Find cleaning it regularly and "folding it out" whenever boot has been opened helps.

BTW its MY96 9000 CS

Good luck,

Pete

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't matter how I park the car the damp patch is on the right. However after the rain we've had here the car is no wetter!? Which leads me to think that maybe it is coming from the wheel arch - will look at all points and let you know how I get on...weekend job weather permitting.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lion, mine turned out to be a faulty hatch seal.

I found it by stripping the trim out, including the wheel arch trim, lying in the boot with a torch, and getting someone to spray from all angles with a hosepipe.

The leak showed up with no problems!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the tips so far - didn't have a chance over the weekend to check it out. Will try the lying in the boot trick with a torch and see what happens...only hope the wife will let us out after!

Back soon with my findings - might have to be the weekend coming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.