Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I seem to be waiting for most of the significant pieces from suppliers (high flow pump, poly steering rack bushing, transmission/header from Sweden, turbo/injectors, crank shaft bolts, I have been working of some other things. Here is a summary -

- Installed dash upgrades like suede leather, carbon fiber, flat panel display
- Installed Greddy oil catch can
- Installed hydraulic clutch
- Installed remote battery box

Hopefully soon, I will be able to show some more substantial gains.

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Forget the BHP upgrades. The teaser of things to come on the ICE (In Car Entertainment) upgrade have my full attention . Any ideas what the final Watts RMS you are aiming for ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the full details on the ICE -

Dash -
Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 DVD Receiver/6.5" Monitor
DVD/CD playback, motorized video display
with touch-screen controls, 22 watts RMS x 4, System Q EX, System E's+, 3 sets of preamp outputs, A/V output, SIRIUS controls, RDS, remote, changer control

Amplifier -
Kenwood Excelon KAC-X810D
400W x 1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
One of the cool features of this amp is that is has something called Amplifier Management System or A.M.S. that establishes a two-way communication link between a Kenwood Excelon receiver and up to eight Kenwood Excelon amps; the link allows someone to sit inside the car while adjusting and sampling different equalization settings for each amp’s bass frequency, bass level, bass Q factor, bass extension, treble frequency, and treble level. In addition, the display on the in-dash receiver can show each amp’s temperature, current demands, voltage, and fan speed. The amp will be wired with the StreetWires PS04BSI 4 gauge Amp Wiring Kit Blue with Patch Cable.

Satellite Radio -
Kenwood KTC-SR903 SIRIUS satellite radio tuner and roof mounted antenna. The stock, motorized rear antenna is deleted. Local radio reception will be handled by a amplified antenna mounted on the interior windshield glass. There will be no externally mounted antennas other than the satellite pod.

Speakers -
Front Doors - Alpine Type-S SPS171A 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way Component System

Rear Deck Speakers - Rockford Fosgate FRC4269 6"x9" 2-way Speakers

Rear Hatch Area/Custom Plexi Woofer Box - Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 1 10" 4-ohm Component Subwoofer

Front Dash - Alpine SPS-080A 3-1/2" 2-way Car Speakers

Rear Camera -
As you may have already seen, I have mounted a rear pointing bullet camera in the rear, center emblem which patches into the dash video input. This will allow you to either see all the cars that you have just passed or check to make sure nothing is behind you before reversing.

I am no expert in this area and don't look forward to wiring this thing together, but I do look forward to the listening/viewing experience. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Holy Mo'
! Forget the engine upgrades. With that kind of ICE system I am quite happy to just park up and blow my brains out with some decent music, keeping the neighbourhood awake in the process . No chance of complaining about excessive induction noises .
I just can't wait to see the finished article

1 - 5 of 5 Posts